Saturday, June 6, 2009

New Religion

A lot of things have changed in Norway since the last time I lived here. A lot of Norwegians do not believe in any kind of religion, arguing it is superstision, yet a lot of the same people believe in ghosts, clearvoyants etc. It is almost like a new religion amongst Norwegians, so much so that it affected me for a few seconds. A few days after I moved into this house, I woke up and heard something that sounded like footsteps downstairs. I thought someone had broken into the house, and was scared to death (I used to live in Houston, so to me that sounded like a reasonable explanation). Turns out that there was no one there, and when I told other people about it, there was an emormous agreement that there was a ghost in my house. A week later at the exact same time, there was a knocking on the bedroom wall. It was loud enough for Troy to wake up and ask me who was coming. Again a lot of people were sure it had to be a ghost. Some said it jokingly, while others were serious about it. For a while there I almost believed I had a ghost living here. I did however find the explanation though. We have a lot of moose walking around, peeking in the windows, and sometimes it sounds like they are inside. The knoking sounds turned out to be crows. So, so far I've yet to be converted to this new religion;)

No comments:

Post a Comment