Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Norway is just too cold for me

It is a whopping -4 degrees Farenheit here right now. Someone remind me why I thought it would be a good idea to move from Texas to Norway. When I got up this morning it was about 40F inside the house, yes INSIDE! The heater had stoped working, I guess it was too cold for it to work properly. I braved the elements and took a quick shower. After I got me and Troy dressed, mind you that takes a while with about 5 layers of clothing, I went outside to start the car. No luck. At first I could not even get the key in the ignition, the whole thing was frozen. When I finally managed to get the key working, the car sure as H would not start. I had to call for help, but no luck. I then had to get a ride to take Troy to daycare, and then to work where I could pick up my laptop to bring it home so I could get some work done. Before I started working I had to go out to the barn and pick up some firewood so that I could attempt to heat this place. After two hours, it was 55F, and I managed to work without mittens. It seems like it the temperature will stay like this for a few more days whoop-de-freaking-doo!

1 comment:

  1. Ja det er surt og kaldt på Piren om dagan. D va -26 i dag tidlig hjemme hos oss men det som er bra er at varmepumpa fungerer enda og i morges var de +20 inne i huset. Vi får glede oss for at det er kaldt og ikke regn og glattis:-)

    ReplyDelete