Monday, February 9, 2009

Troy on divorce

Troy is only 2 years old, so I am assuming that he no longer remembers a time when his mom and dad lived together. I know it is important for him that mamma and pappa likes each other because he often say stuff like: Mamma likes Pappa, or Pappa likes Mamma. He also likes to include himself and says: Mamma and Pappa likes me. I of course reassure him that this is true all the time.

He really surprised me the other day when he asked where his dad was.
Me: Pappa is at Farmor and Farfar's house (where he lives).
Troy: No, Pappa not stay Farmor, Farfar.
Me: Oh, where do you think daddy should stay?
Troy: Pappa should be with Mamma and me. (Pappa være her. Pappa være med Mamma å mææg).
Not sure if he wants the two most important people in his life to be together so that he can se us as much as possible, or if he has some understanding that parents and their children usually live together.

No comments:

Post a Comment